- Graduate or served as a Coach.
- 5 year out of school requirement.
- Must have represented UMD well, both on and off the field.
- Person can be voted into HOF, but cannot be officially inducted and receive award until present at Alumni Weekend. (If the inductee is disabled or deceased, a family member may accept the award in his absence).
- Nominations solicited from all alumni via form on website.
- Qualifications/Accomplishments must be submitted on form.
- Unlimited number of nominations - Selection Committee will determine the most qualified nominees.
- When HOF reaches 7 members, Selection Committee will be made up of these 7 Inductees and will grow from that point forward. (Initially committee will include members of the Alumni Board and Coaches)
Number of Inductees per Year
- 4 Inductees for the Inaugural year (2010).
- 3 Inductees the second year (2011).
- After this, the number of Inductees will vary, but no more than 2 per year.
- Selections can come from any of the eligible years, with no requirement on taking someone from each decade.
- The best qualified should be inducted and not be determined by when they played.
- Focus is on maintaining the exclusive nature of the honor.